Friday, August 15, 2008

as for now...

The initial excitement for u.s. has waned off... i'm missing malaysian food (healthy food), my friends, my good old family, my car, cheaper hp rates, manglish. *sigh*

I met a couple of friends and some really friendly church people. There's an international student ministry over in my uni consisting of navigators and a few local churches. They offer free lunches, pinics, free furnitures, outings. Neat. I almost cried when i stepped into a church on Wednesday. It reminds me of home, or maybe it's a place where people care for you, or maybe just being in church itself is nostalgic.

Meanwhile, please pray for accomodations for me. I have not found any so far. The houses nearby the campus have all been fully booked. Penn state took in more students than the town could cope. It's crazy. There's a lady from Navigators who allowed me to bunk in for a few weeks. Glad am I that God decided not to leave me out on the streets. :p But it's 6 miles away though !! the buses only come 4 times in the day. No service on weekends.

Overwhelmed but filled with grace.

Goodnight.

Malaysia, I miss you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

malaysia misses you too!
eh get skype soon la. i want to see you face to face.