Saturday, August 16, 2008

today's a better day

Pictures are not in order (too lazy to drag and sort for now). Story's below the pictures :













Today's a better day. I walked down the road to Calvary Baptist Church (CBC). On the map, it's 'just' along University Drive (A straight street that pass through my campus). The walk took 40 minutes? tee hee...
-
On the way, a new student stopped by to ask for directions. Halfway through the american grad student (my guess) went "are you from Malaysia?". I was like "how do you know?" He said he was from university of Michigan and there were many Malaysians there. So he shook my hands heartily. As if he was very proud of meeting a malaysian.
-
Suddenly, along the straight road, i met a sign that said "pedestrian prohibited". Amazed was I. I've never seen such a sign in M'sia before. Not on a straight road at least. It's a bridge road that does not have a pedestrian trail. So I walked under the bridge and took a loop back.
-
Anyways, CBC had a free furniture giveaway. By the time I arrived most of the furnitures which filled the halls were looted. The organizers were amazed. They thought they'd to stay till the evening. But I figured I wouldn't need them anyways, so it was ok. I had a msn phone chat with my parents in the morning (their Sat night). I collected some bedsheets, thick blankets, towels and cloth hangers back. Plus a box of new wooden picture frames and some candles. Later, I helped to clean up the church, which really reminded me of church back home. Even the initials are the same. :P
-
Then I had lunch at Back Yard's with 3 amazing people. This is the first time (besides Johanna) I get to sit down to have a good long chat. They are two americans guys and a taiwanese girl. All god-loving people with a mission in mind.
-
And best of all the taiwanese girl offered me a place to bunk in while I room-hunt. I'm glad. :)


2 comments:

Su Ann said...

Hey! Sounds like things are falling into places for you! am glad and happy for ya! ;) Nice pics - lurve those flowers...

el'z said...

thanks Su Ann! Ya, I'm much settled now (housing wise). Still looking for a church though