Friday, July 29, 2005

His Eye is on the Sparrow

"Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come;
Why should my heart be lonely,and long for heaven and home;
When Jesus is my portion, My constant friend is He;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
I sing because I’m happy;
I sing because I’m free;
For His eye is on the sparrow;
And I know He watches me.

Let not your heart be troubled, His tender word I hear;
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise;
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies;
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

No comments: