Sunday, February 20, 2005

Musings

i feel so sad i forgot to bring back the calender my aunt gave to mom in Kedah. It had nice batik prints on it... and i recalled mom reminding me twice there... wasn't so much of the calender, but seeing how often i conveniently not remember my family's request... somehow...

My family went over to our previous neighbour's open house in bkt jelutong. It's such a nice cosy spacious bangalow - stone walkway lining the streets at both sides, the wooden nusantara fish pond, music room ( i dream. if only i've one, i make sure i practice everyday :) ), t.v. room, the feel of solid timber flooring, ( i fell in love with ) the study room above - which has a little balcony overseeing the garden below ( designed to unwind? ), and the ample space for the greens to roam... if onlee...
mom's gonna extend the house... and i be glad for the extra S P A C E for my room. I wonder how it be like sharing room with others...somehow i'll imagine locking myself inside the bathroom along with some books just to secure that 3 dimension with myself...
Anyways, gonna miss the two cheeky lil kids. Ed used to jump over our fence n Hzl could sweet talk anyone ( except her mummy ) in giving her what she wants... ( now it's candies since her moma forbid her... wonder what's she gonna tempt the guys into getting her next time... :) )

Been visited by my lil cousin SCyi over the weekends... somehow having visitors stay over seemed to brighten up my house. ( i can't explain my delight in space and visitors at the same time )...neighter can i describe the freshness i feel. Most of the time it's just the 4 of us we see...sigh* I love to listen to others share their life... somehow i dream that my home would be a place where ppl would feel welcome & comfortable... n missionaries or my kids friends can just bunk in anytime... but reality is such that i've been heavily tax living a urban lifestyle...deprived of soulful erm delicacies ?

Not departing from the flow of the prev line... i stole some time for myself last Saturday.
Got a license to skip my ko-k class... i figure out that the Sat b4 CNY would be jam.. and since i was still coughing that week ( residues of flu ) - be a good excuse ? well, the doc gave me MC upon request... hihihi
well, rest and serenity is good for the soul anyways...
" what good doth it profit a man to gain the whole world yet forfeit his soul ? or What can a man give in exchange for his soul?" -Mark 8 :36-37


8 comments:

discordant dude said...

When he was speaking in JIC, DA Carson remarked that one of the holiest thing to do, sometimes, is sleep. (don't undermine the paranthesis 'sometimes' though...knowing u, haha)

While sometimes I loathe this 'heavily taxed urban life-style', I tend to find myself at the same time settling very comfortably, enjoying the freedom and the challenge of engaging in the hustle n bustle of the city life. It frightens me to realize how comfy I've become and the kind of response I might give to my Lord when He so requires me to serve in a small town.

Steven Sim said...

Oh, but i would not want to be found in the small town if He really wanted me to be in the city.

A [wo]man is safe where [her]his Duty calls. Elsewhere [s]he may be at rest, but [s]he will not be at peace.

I nearly thought u were describing my dream house ~


jack

discordant dude said...

Looking at the down-trodden condition of most of the small-town churches and the slowly dying trend of school CFs in those same areas must at least bring us to ask ourselves tough questions e.g. 'Lord, what do You want me to do about it?' It troubles me when we we jump the queue, safely snugged in where we find most comfortable in the name of where our duty calls. Don't get me wrong, I think we should be where the Lord wants us to be as well, but too many who have decided to stay put in the metropolitan have simply not asked enough tough questions. The line is thin bro...

Steven Sim said...

Don't get me wrong either, I meant to say we go where He really wants us to go. If you like, "really" include responding to those tough questions.

Kota or Desa, there are always vacancies for martyrs.

discordant dude said...

Jack: Don't get me wrong either, I meant to say we go where He really wants us to go.

...when "He so requires" me to serve in a small town.

I think we should be where the Lord wants us to be as well.

(check my previous comments, no dispute on this)

Jack: If you like, "really" include responding to those tough questions.

Hope we can get past the semantics to some of the real concerns here.

Steven Sim said...

-___-

Steven Sim said...

Then i see that we are in agreement. Letting go the semantic nuance, I find that ultimately the call is for Christians, you and i, to really seek the Lord's will before we move. And unless He moves, we will not go.

In the Desa, we have poverty, sub-standard quality of life &c. while in the Kota we have rampant corruption of every area of life, godlessness &c. Problems are here and there. Needs are everywhere. The question to answer in each situation is;

"Whom shall God send,
And who will go for the LORD?"

May the Lord go with you, chris. And you, biscuit.

el'z said...

thx.. but biscuit likes to be in the cookie jar.