Friday, October 02, 2009

update from SC

Here are some happenings of my life in SC:

1. Summer was blown away. Just last week, it was 50-70F, which was nice, like Cameron's, now it's 40-50F.

2. Which means the trees are changing colors. Now it's half green half autumn.

3. Since it's getting colder, I'm in layers.

4. I've been really stressed out with work and classes. I'm working as a research assistant if you don't already know.

5. I'm living with an American house-mate and a furry jet-black cat. I'm spending more time with him than his master. :)

6. I dream about Malaysian food every now and then. I felt very home-sick after returning from summer.

7. I'm attending a bible class on the New Testament Survey in my church.

8. I'm 'trying' to read a book called "Head Cases" by Michael Paul Mason. The author is a traumatic brain injury (TBI) case manager and in his book narrates about the stories of individuals after TBI. Apparently 1.4 mil Americans suffer from TBI every year. That figure itself can fill a city. Pennsylvania has a silly law that allows bikers, who are the rich and influential with big toys, unlike our mat rempit, to bike without a helmet.

9. wonders whether the distance is too far when she say things like, 'it's a friend's'

10. Is learning more about Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and advocating for people with disabilities. AAC is an adaptive assistant for people who can't meet all their communication needs through speaking or writing. That includes using symbols, pictures, sign language or voice-aided machine to speak. Apparently the credentialing speech and hearing board here, ASHA, defines communication as human rights. It means, every individual should be entitled to communicate. If speech won't do the job, then they should be provided with alternative means.

11. misses someone.... :p

2 comments:

cell said...

ahh...i know who you miss...!

chiz said...

hahhaha... ur so smart!