Friday, October 03, 2008

bare and empty

Today as I was walking back home from the bus-stop, I wish I could...
a
lie on the bed with a good book
a
play the piano
a
drive my car out to grab an ice-cream or a cake
=
Checked my room and found I have...
b
plenty of textbooks and references (borrowed fr library), a book on apologetic and another on relationship... don't really feel like reading these.
a
no piano....but a worship book with musical notations which a Vietnamese friend lend it to me when she heard me playing the piano (at a religion center's meeting room psu)

a bus pass... which takes me around the 'college' areas.

a butternut squash

sold for 50c at the farmer's market. you bake it with butter and brown sugar. I'll tell u how it taste after i burn her. My first time!

I wish I can say I have nothing but I'm rich in Christ... sounds like THE quote for missionaries. Well, they probably used it when they're surrounded by babies gained in Christ or treasures stored in heavens. But I don't have any of those....

but those that I have, I'm holding on to it.. perhaps too tight?


Maybe I should let go and live. Search, discover and find. Perhaps my eyes are blind to what I have here because I'm still looking back. a

freebies

the stationaries were given by an SLP fr Virgnia's public school. The gov will fund you if you are willing to work in the public school. The bag of cookies were given away free. A college girl (and friends) with a box of em asked "you want cookies?"... I turned back to ask why but she left.

2 comments:

siehjin said...

hi chi hui! haven't visited here in a while =)

glad that you're safe in US, and seem to be settling in well. =)

abt the "having nothing but rich in Christ" thingy, i think the ideal is to hold the things of this world with an open hand... so that whatever we have, we never really *have* it. it's just on loan from God, and He can take it away anytime, no problemo.

so, may Christ truly be our all in all. God bless! =)

el'z said...

Hey, thanks for offering another perspective on that line that I quoted!!