Tuesday, July 31, 2007

xien xhang jin tian

The beginnings of each day traces its tune from yesterdays shadow. I couldn't smile on Monday. three unhappy events visited me.
a
The first visit came in the middle of my sleep. A scream from my tummy. 3 times I bombed the toilet. I was so lethargic the next morning that I went late to work. It didn't help to put a smile on my face when special jungle-iban-style food was served during lunch at office. No, i had porridge. Which I spilled half of it while driving to work btw.
a
My 2nd visitor came through a phone call to usm. I called in to check on my scholarship status; the clerk (which I have chased for a few months) gave me another story. I almost cried. Actually i did. A tear or two. But my colleagues aren't around to witness (they were having staff training which contract workers like me don't share the priviledge of attending;p), so i can write whatever i like here.
a
Just when I thought the gods had enough of mocking me, another another visitor came in the evening. The atm refused to spit out my money. I keyed in the amount, got the bank slip and card returned but no cash came out. This was at shell in persiaran tujuan. Funny thing was the station attender said banyak-pun ini berlaku. What th?
a
But of cause we can let our unhappy visitors punch us into into its mold (which i did. I read 3/4 of my 200 page camera operating manual just to hold my mind) or allow some sunshine to slip through. Some happy things that I can smile at:
a
today I vacuumed oasis (youth centre in subang). I feel so proud of myself for doing something uninstructed. (I have to confess that i seldom volunteer for housework though). The funny thing was i accidently sucked a boy's sock inside the vacuum cleaner. The poor owner tried very hard to get it back. In the end he decided to let it rest inside the machine when he saw it buried in dust. It was the joke of the day at oasis! hehe. I even had the cheek to ask why he threw away the other side. (actually, it wasn't an accident. I thought of cleaning his socks that was found lying at the carpet. Didn't know that the vacuum cleaner would eat it up. ophs)
a
I got my first dSLR ! that is after 7 hours of camera shopping from pudu plaza to law yat on sat. Well, my colleague helped me decide. Otherwise i would have gone home camera-less and decided-less (as usual). I have started toying with it's 11 AF-points (do we need that many/?), shutter speed and aperture... looking ahead to collect my tamron bag, external flash and a close-up lens (later's a gift. yay!). Macro shots are my favourite... I came across Clive Nichols (renowned garden photographer) on a magazine during lunch just now.
a
b
this purple flower blooms at sunrise and fades in the evening

the title written in chinese pinyin means 'sacrificing today'. It's taken from the lyric of a chinese song. The piece is about dedicating each day for God and crucifying our lifes at the cross with Him. I can't crawl out of bed this morning. But this song shone some eternal perspective on me.

No comments: