Tuesday, June 05, 2007

lil things

a








Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

The Love of God, written by Frederick Lehman. This stanza was taken from a poem scribbled on the wall of a Jewish patient commited to mental asylum.* it's amazing how God's love reaches the most imaginable and unloved.

Twice I sang this song during prayer meeting in my office. I was captured by the beautiful lyrics used to describe God's love. And i wonder...

How we love God...doing the typical churchy stuffs - church on sunday, daily devotion and leaving some bits for ministry. Such lines describing God's charity goes beyond our will or mind. u can't just pen it by choice. it has to flow out of the heart... a heart soaked with a deep flavor of god's goodness...

And i asked how can i experience such love? I know that He loves me, but the concerns of life choke my heart from hearing...

then i remembered the sunflowers i drew... layers upon layers of marigold yellows cupped by layers by layers of grass green calyx, and i thought, "there's alot of fine attention just to create it?" and my heart spoke, "God is into the details of my life ain't it?" every day and every strand of my hair has been counted by his love...

and i slept embracing that love. Like how a kid would hug his new precious toy-car in bed, not letting it go, consumed by thoughts of how he'll like to play with his toy tmr... a new found excitement...

my maker is concern about the lil things of me...
a
*to be exact, he re-painted this poem from a centuries old Jewish poem called "Hadamut," written in 1096 by Rabbi Mayer, son of a cantor in the city of Worms, Germany. click

7 comments:

HL said...

Very nice! You seem to like cropping your pictures into squares. It works well for the flowers. "Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these."

el'z said...

thanks :)

oh ya hor, i din realize that i squared em' all.

Well, i realized that i was so stucked with the rules of 3rds that i decided to do away with it this time and see how it works... think i like it :P

i tot of toying around with cropping too after rac told me that it's one of the 'thing' for photography

HL said...

I'm too lazy to crop. Hahaha. :P

Anonymous said...

You seem to have this thing with flowers. Your pix show your deep interest in them. I feel you can do wonders if given a dlsr with a real macro lens. Good work. ;)

el'z said...

thx for your encouraging comments!

ya, wish i have a dslr too... will put that in my christmas wish list. santa claus, where r u?

Anonymous said...

beautiful flowers :)
i love flowers ...

el'z said...

ya, me 2... potted & bouquets ;p