Friday, September 15, 2006

moments

"what happened between being me and becoming you?" -Rusty, Disney's the Kid.

Russ, an urbane nearing 40 image consultant who spent his adult life washing out the child he used to be was visited by an 8-year old kid (Rusty), who turned out to be himself... looking at the kid-him made every fibre of his nerve itched to straighten himself (the kid) out... turned out Rusty came to unlocked his long-lost memory- that has defined who he is (now). That's Disney's the Kid which i've caught 3 times...

i love my childhood, but lost track of what happened in between after std 3 till...eh, till...(oh shush ! am still skipping) I remembered changing skol, and the new environment was foreign, so i busied myself growing up (ever since), hoping there be a handsome prince waiting for me when i wake up...(figuratively)

Well, now i'm here... and life aren't getting anyhow rosier...(ok, save campus years, which i mostly remember bouncing)

Anyways, going back to primary skol was like a journey of re-discovering my long lost-moments... like foraging thru a locked up treasure chest - i remembered being punished by my teachers (haha, & now i get to revenge back), pulling naughty tricks & teases, fond afternoons in playground, quiet time scribbling away, me & my piano- my world, sad & lonely times, long lost friends & moments with the Father ...and i felt a sense of thankfulness for the life that God has given me...(breathe)

"if little me came to visit me and ask how life will be, i'd say "Don't worry about a thing, life's going to be great" Theadore? Russ's friend: "after all, how many of us get to be an astronaut or a prima ballerina?"

Today at work, i had one of those heart-grabbing moments -->hearing stories from a few std 3 boys (i was relieving the class and gave them a choice to do their work or that)... i could see how happy (giglish) they were sharing their little world to me (although i mostly pretended to faham)...that reminded me of how i used to stay up with my cousins telling each other made-believe stories; a std 4 girl gave me a hug and tried to carry me up (clean & jerk, 3 times!!!)...which reminded me that i'm still quite a kid inside (taking the teacher role seems to put life at a different perspective; wonder whether that is how parenting was (is) to our parents- an unrest job until their kids turn out fine; i can't seem to pull off that 'teacher' cap)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Chew said...

hmm... after all the statistics, i wonder where are his/her sources.

anyway, those sound like fun times indeed! you should join us at P.E. then, you get to join in and play kiddy games - without your teacher cap on ;)