Monday, November 22, 2004

Today

"I suggest that one of the things we can do on our Sabbath is to make time to revisit the week that has just passed. Recall the highlights of the week. Think of the bright points. A deal closed.
A good chat with family and friends, a nice movie, a good book, dorky or painful moments...

...I don't expect the pace of life to slow down anytime soon. But we don't have to be prisoners of chronos, victims carried helplessly along by the speed of life, our lives filled, but unfulfilled. With solitude and community, we put our roots down in Christ, seeking to understand the kairos significance of the events that make up our life." - grace@work. italics added.
http://www.graceatwork.org/

" behold ! i'm doing a new thing" ~Jesus Christ

i thought the vocal harmonisation on the chorus of "amazing love" was beautiful. Ps Mal, PLin's could make wonders with their voices. Church's in a very different ambience now. We have new carpets, new fridge, new plants outside, new sound tuning...

I really love the decorations on the huge Christmas tree. This year, they're going back to the original Christmas colour - red, green and gold. I guess i know who to call next time if i need hands to spice up my house. I helped to put up some ribbons up on the tree too.

I helped Princess Fiona and Marc to arrange the carolers into their voice groups today. This year we have 3 kiddies and 4 Aficans enriching our Christmas choir. I can't help imagining how sticky Aseans like us would learn to 'umba-rhumba' up with em'. :)
Not to mention Wahome being in the alto ( he got teased... i wonder whether has he broken his voice yet or ? ) and Kut-yeh in the tenor ( she seemed like a real loud african singer )... the presence of xiao Shrek and my really good friends there...*twinkles*

i remember too reb crying... thx for your tears.

Here's to a Merry Christmas... ( a toss for the sunshine outside )
and i pray Emmanuel. God be with us.

p.s- my new term starting tmr, bye holidays... :(



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chi,
Just dropped in to say a quick hello. I'm not sure if this is your very own blog? I can't recognize your thread of thought in the previous entry (abt the gingerbread man.) Hehe. Anyhows, it's good to set time aside for a sabbath, uh huh uh huh. Love muchly, Jo.

Anonymous said...

Followed your blog from Chris'. Nice but a lil blur for me. :)


jacksaid